Wednesday, April 13, 2011

#9 - PLOCK!

"Plock!"
6 x 6 in.
Oil on canvas

SOLD

Why did the chicken cross the road?
Col. Sanders: "I missed one???"

Thank you. Thank you. I'm here until Tuesday. Don't forget to tip your waitress!

This is one of my favorite paintings so far! it is part of the dailypaintworks.com weekly challenge. Funny thing...I had just told my mother that "I don't paint farm animals" and then this popped up as the challenge. A chicken with a 'tude.

As it usually happens, for about the first hour of painting, my subconscious mind was telling me that everything was just awful! Crap! Terrible! Thank goodness I pushed through. I had to redo the background several times and while it's not quite as vibrant as I would like, it does work I think. I like this one so much, that I priced it where I wouldn't be too upset to part with it if someone wants to give it a good home.

No comments:

Post a Comment