Saturday, April 14, 2012

12:5 - Saturday Night Apples

Saturday Night Apple
4" x 4"
Oil on Gessoboard

I love painting with broad, big strokes and with a nice and loose look. Two of my favorite artists who are experts at this style are Carol Marine and Karin Jurik. These women both make their living with their art, which is my dream. Not only do they work on paintings on a daily basis, they also travel the country teaching workshops...also a dream of mine.

Carol and her husband David, have created and run a website that I belong and post to called dailypaintworks.com. The site is a large community of painters who post and sell their paintings but also help and support each other. I am eternally grateful for the generosity of Carol and David. Recently, Carol shared her story on the new site area Artbytes, which is a combination of technique and real-world experiences. She unselfishly shares with the rest of the painting community. The biggest tip she can give painters that are working toward developing their talents is "do something with your art every day". (I am paraphrasing, but this is the point.) The painting above is the first of what I hope is the beginning of my daily painting.

My son leaves for college in a little over a year. Maybe he won't be the only one in the family taking some big steps.


No comments:

Post a Comment