Monday, October 17, 2011

#32 - Nozzle Toff!

"Nozzle Toff!"
10" x 8"
Oil on Hardboard
NFS

This is a portrait of my sister and my soon-to-be bro-in-law. They are getting married in 13 days and this is a shower gift for them. As our 2-year-old nephew shouted last night, "Nozzle Toff!"

It's hard to paint people you know and even harder to paint people you know and love and don't want to disappoint! I can't tell you how many revisions I did on this one. I'm still not totally satisfied with it, but I feel like I'm on the edge of overwork so, I'm stopping...for now. Well, maybe just a little more...

Special thanks to Wini and Amie for their opinions on this one. At times I stared at it so hard I could no longer see when I was going off course. Again, the perils of painting those you love. Everyone needs someone that when you ask what they think they do not hesitate to come right out and say, "This line makes her cheek look fat". They are worth their weight in Ultramarine.

No comments:

Post a Comment