Wednesday, June 8, 2011

#21 - By Any Other Name

#21 - By Any Other Name
8" x 8"
Oil on Masonite

I see this as more impressionistic and about color than realism. This one was difficult and I'm not sure it is quite successful. But we wrestled for a bit and it's time to move on.

But enough about that...I've got a story!

At class tonight I started a new painting and ended up with a too-wet underpainting. I set the painting outside to dry a bit in the heat and when I went to get it later it was GONE! I had a painting STOLEN! Does that mean I've hit the big time? We found it later behind Staples, with the thief's fingerprints smushed right into the paint. How about that. I'm going to try to leave the fingerprint in the finished work. Maybe one day I'll run it through AFIS. I think this means it's going to turn out to be a real masterpiece!

I will take and post a better picture in the morning, I couldn't wait to post...sad isn't it.

(Edited - Picture updated. Much better!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, the seedy underworld of art thievery! You've definitely hit the big time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I can imagine the art theif's dismay at leaving his fingerprints everywhere - love the painting, despite (and because of) its history!

    ReplyDelete