Friday, May 27, 2011

#18 - Hey Ladies!

"Hey Ladies!"
8" x 10"
Oil on Masonite

Meet Jack. My 2-year-old nephew. He's one of the cutest kids I've ever met. He had me wrapped the first time I saw him and the first time he said my name (before just about anyone else's, heh heh!) he assured his place in my "I will always have candy for you" Auntie soul. Even if he does blame me for just about everything. The danger of a kid being able to say your name, I guess.

Who made this mess? Dawn did.
Who ate that cookie? Dawn did.

Who stomped the flowers? Yep. Dawn did.

Oh the stories I could tell. And he's only two. Recently, Jack went to the beach for a week. Before going, some of us made sure that he knew some handy phrases for the beach. A kid this cute attracts the women, for sure. By the time he left, we had taught him "Heyyy Ladies!", "How you doin?" and "Can I have your digits?"

This was the first time I've ever painted on Masonite board. I had always known it was an option. One of my very favorite fantasy artists, Larry Elmore, whom I have admired all my life has for the longest time worked on Masonite. I had no idea how much I would love it! Why did I wait so long? It was just fantastic. Extremely smooth. The paint laid down like a dream. The only thing that I have to say is that after a bit, if your paint starts to dry and you go back to re-work, you can lift the paint that is already down right off of the surface. So, watch out for that!

Here are some work-in-progress pics!





















No comments:

Post a Comment