Saturday, January 8, 2011

#3 Yellow Tomatoes


8" x 8" - Acrylic on canvas board
Purchase

Here is painting #3. I am really happy with how this one turned out! In Kroger this morning, I saw several beautiful bunches of yellow tomatoes and just had to buy some for today's painting. This may be the beginning of a series. I had a lot of fun with mixing colors on these.

Sidenote - I painted this during the UK football bowl game and I am glad I was distracted because we had the stuffing beaten out of us.

There is a point with all of my projects that I get a little discouraged, am convinced that it's all going to be crap and want to quit. I've learned over the years that if I just power through that moment, that it all turns out well in the end and sometimes it turns out much better than I would have ever expected. Now, when I reach that point I get a little excited because I know things are about to get very interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment