Monday, December 15, 2014

Hallelujah Waves - Seth's Birthday Gift



"Hallelujah"
Paint Marker on Canvas
36" x 12"


My son Seth turned 20 this weekend. 20 is the age that I was when he was born and we've been through a lot together. I wanted to give him a piece of my work that I hope is meaningful to him and he might just keep forever. 

Seth is an artist, too. And while I am a visual artist, his talents lie with words and sound. He's a skilled musician and a magnificent writer, prose and poetry. I wanted to blend our talents. We had a long discussion one day about our favorite songs. A musician really can't narrow it down to one, so he ended up with 2 choices. I picked "Hallelujah", the Jeff Buckley version. A co-worker assisted me in getting a visual of the song's soundwaves. (It has a "nice spine", he said) I translated it with paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment