Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcome to 2012!

Well, so long 2011! I didn't quite make my goal of 100, but I did end up with 47 paintings that for the most part, I am very, very proud of. So onward to 2012! I will be changing the name of the blog to reflect 2012, but the address will stay the same, so all of my 7 followers, don't you worry, you're good!

What are my goals fo
r 2012? 3 days in and I haven't quite decided yet. I could try to do the 100 paintings again. I did learn a lot about how to accomplish the task. A couple of main things:

1. Work Small - Stick to 8"x 8" or under. 6" x 6" is better. Something that can be finished in one sitting, whatever size that is for you.

2. Dedicate time to paint! - I don't like to plan. I like to be spontaneous. This often leads me to unintentionally procrastinate and things slip through the crac
ks. This task forced me to plan ahead and schedule my week. Thank goodness for my set studio class time that I had each week for most of the year. I will take that class as long as they will let me just so I have that time dedicated each week!

So, how did it all turn out in retrospect? You be the judge. Keep in mind that I'm blowing the dust off of around 10 years of no painting.

Here's the first painting of the year:




















Here is #47:

























PS -The guy, Adam, whose blog inspired me to attempt 100 paintings in the first pla
ce? He started in March and did it again! 2010 and 2011. Wow! Go check him out.

Update: Snapshots of the whole year.


1 comment:

  1. Way to go Dawn! That's a pretty remarkable difference and those last ones are fantastic. Your pomegranates were great and No. 38 is so, so good. Looking forward to the new ones.

    ReplyDelete