Thursday, September 29, 2011

#29 - Beach Study

Beach Study 1
8" x 8"
Oil on Canvas
Available

It has been a while since I've been to the beach. Seems like a lifetime ago, actually. Probably because since the last time I was at a beach I have become a totally different person. But that's a long, not always happy story so we'll put it away for another time. The point is, is that I had forgotten the peace of sitting on the beach, breeze skimming across my skin, sun soaking in with nothing to do but read, enjoy the company and every few moments just marvel in the bright color and beauty that is blue water and pure white powder sand. Sigh.

This painting is intended to be a study for a larger work. I purposefully edited out everything but sky, water and sand, just trying to catch the light and color that was in front of me.

I like it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dawn,

    Enjoyed visiting your blog. Really like the rich blues in this beach scene.Values for a crisp, sunny day right on target. I'm an avid beach goer so am drawn to seascapes. Anyway, I'm on a mission to get more virtual connected with daily painters for inspiration and shop talk. Stop by my blog if you're so inclined!

    ReplyDelete