Tuesday, July 5, 2011

#24 - Teeny Pepper Top

Teeny Pepper Top
2" x 2"
Oil on the smallest Canvas on Earth
SOLD

This painting was part of my catch up weekend. I saw these little bitty canvases at the art store and thought I'd whip out a couple of really small paintings. This is a pepper top, which I'm sure you ascertained by the title. My son thinks it looks like a pumpkin top and that's fine, too.

This was one of the "lesson learned" paintings. I was in a hurry. I wanted to get a whole lot done this weekend, so I sketched out the pepper and started painting. Without using a fixative over the pencil drawing. The graphite mixed with the paint and made it more subdued than I intended. And I KNEW BETTER.

Coming up next...My first palette knife painting is done. Will have pics either this evening or tomorrrow morning.

1 comment: