Monday, May 16, 2011

#15 - Rose (Unfinished?)


Pink Rose
8" x 8"
Oil on Canvas
Available

I painted this last night. It's from a picture I took of one of my first roses of the year. I have two rose bushes in my yard. A pink one in the front yard and a yellow one in the back yard. I do not have a green thumb, so they've been left to their own devices over the past couple of years. Miraculously, they are still alive and are producing some lovely blooms this year!

Again, I painted this one on a black primed canvas and again, I was able to get the shadows as deep as I like them. Black canvas is well on it's way to becoming a regular part of my routine.

My favorite part of this one? Right now it's the little bud peeking up from behind the bloomed rose.

The problem with this painting is that I'm not sure if it is finished. Now that I've slept on it, I think the leaves need more emphasis. Maybe not more detail, but more color definition. They look a little blurry to me and blurry moves into the background. A little more detail is in order, perhaps?

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment